- Get yourself organised – keep your planner up to date, listing work set, work completed and work outstanding.
- Try and stick to a regular work rota – do a little bit of study often, rather than huge amounts of work all in one go as you will not remember it. Start an assignment well in advance of a deadline so you get the chance to ask staff for help if you need it.
- Work in a studious environment – not somewhere where you will be distracted. At home, work somewhere where you will not be disturbed (and where you can leave books and folders safely).
- Define your work tasks. Make sure you understand what is expected of you. Seek clarification if you are uncertain about essay titles or work concepts etc.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it – Don’t pretend you understand something when you do not.
- Use all the available resources: teachers, textbooks, libraries, the internet, newspapers, television and radio, fellow students.
- Motivate yourself. Have a goal and plan how you are going to get to that goal.
School website powered by