Why study Core RE in the 6th Form?
The study of Core RE will enable you:
- To develop a good understanding of Catholic Social Teaching
- To develop an awareness of how religious teachings influence social-political attitudes and action
- To engage fully and to contribute to the betterment of the society in which you live.
How does Core RE contribute to my future career?
The study of Core RE will:
- Equip you with transferable and people skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, effective communication, empathy, observation and reflection
- Make you more employable since you will stand out as a person equipped with a lot more than book learning
How is Core RE taught?
- It is based on some Key facets of Catholic Social Teaching namely: Human Dignity, Solidarity, the Common Good, Subsidiarity and Participation, Preferential Option for the Poor, Stewardship, The Dignity of Work, Rights and Responsibilities; and Family and Community
- It is not aimed at exams
- It follows our Gospel Values Methodology of SEE, THINK AND ACT
- Therefore, you have the opportunity to reflect on Church documents, relate them to issues that arise in society such BLM, Homelessness, Poverty, Inclusion, Social Mobility, Human Trafficking etc.
- You will contribute to discussions, make presentations, design campaign videos and promotion posters, plan and lead assemblies to raise awareness
- To mark your completion of the course, you will be given a certificate which will contribute to your UCAS personal statement and to your CV for Job applications